Cooking with Vera
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Please note that the United States Department of Agriculture recommends a temperature of at least 63 °C (145 °F) for beef, veal, lamb steaks and roasts in order to prevent foodborne illness.
- Vera (tested with firmware 1.5.622)
- RFXtrx433 USB transceiver (tested with firmware v51; recommended firmware: v66; PBA comes with a fix for a temperature bug in earlier RFXtrx433 firmware versions)
- RFXtrx433 plugin: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_rfxtrx
- Rubicson thermometer 48659: http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/hus-halsa-fritid/kokstillbehor/matlagningstermometrar/tradlos-stektermometer-p48659
- Suspected clones (untested):
- Personal Barbecue Assistant (PBA) plugin: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz4omZm4gYcsUy1pNEx5U2VHNTA/edit?usp=sharing
- Your favourite food
- Connect the RFXtrx433 to your Vera.
- Install the RFXtrx433 plugin.
- Install and setup the PBA plugin:
- Set ThermometerDeviceID to the device id of your wireless thermometer ("RFX Temp T9/...").
- Setup a scene with trigger "Target temperature is reached"/"Yes" and add whatever action you would like to have executed when the target temperature is reached (e.g., switch on the table light, switch on a siren, switch off the oven, play an announcement (see example below), send an email or a SMS to your guests, ...).
- Restart LuaUPnP.
- Select food and gradation or set a custom target temperature (via PBA device tab).
- Enjoy your meal!
Example action for announcement using SAD for Squeezebox (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Squeezebox#SAD_-_Squeezebox_Server_Announcement_Device):
LMS_IP = '192.168.x.y' LMS_CLI_Port = 9090 SB_MAC = '00:04:20:xx:xx:xx' PBA_DEVICE_ID = 564 PBA_SERVICE_ID = 'urn:upnp-ap15e-com:serviceId:PBA' local ft = luup.variable_get( PBA_SERVICE_ID, 'FoodText' , PBA_DEVICE_ID ) local gt = luup.variable_get( PBA_SERVICE_ID, 'GradationText', PBA_DEVICE_ID ) local announcement = 'Your meal is ready' -- for custom target temperature if ft ~= '' and gt ~= '' then announcement = 'Your ' .. tostring( ft ) .. ' is ' .. tostring( gt ) end announcement = string.gsub( announcement or '', ' ', '+' ) announcement = 'http://translate.google.com/translate_tts?tl=en&q=' .. announcement LMS_Say( LMS_IP , -- IP address of LMS LMS_CLI_Port, -- CLI Port of LMS (default: 9090) SB_MAC , -- MAC address of player '%20' , -- line 1 '%20' , -- line 2 1 , -- in seconds announcement, -- audio announcement 5 , -- duration of announcement in seconds 5 ) -- number of announcements