Firmware Flash Vera3
- YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL ONLY IF YOUR VERA3 UNIT IS NOT BOOTING ANYMORE, THIS MEANS THAT WHILE BEING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET THE POWER LED IS BLINKING GREEN/ORANGE AND NO OTHER LEDS ARE LIGHT UP/BLINKING FOR MORE THAN 30 MINUTES !
- The upgrade tool is only tested in Windows XP, it will not work with Windows Vista. In Windows 7 the applications should be run in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.
- Make sure your computer is connected to your network through an Ethernet cable. Make sure to disable any WIRELESS/BLUETOOTH/other networking interfaces before continuing.
NOTE: Failure to disable your wireless network before continuing could result in an unusable unit.
- Please deactivate all Firewall and Antivirus software which is running during the upgrade process.
Note: If you are running Windows Vista/7 please follow the next guide to enable the TFTP Client and then continue with the re-flash steps. Guide: http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/09/10/how-to-install-a-tftp-client-in-windows-vista/
If the restoration utility does not work on Windows 7
Please note that this is only available for Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
- If the restoration utility does not work on Windows 7 you should use the Windows Xp Mode, offered for free by Microsoft. To install it, you have to go to this page Windows Xp Mode which will walk you through the entire process.
- After this finishes and you open up the Windows Xp Mode Virtual Machine, you should go to the Menu, select Tools -> Settings, select Networking and for adapter 1 make sure to select your LAN card, the one that will be connected directly into any of LAN ports of Vera.
- Afterwards you will have to open Internet explorer inside the virtual machine, access this page and download the Firmware flash utilities inside the virtual machine.
- On Windows 7 change the Local Area Connection settings to use the static IP and connect the Vera unit to your computer as explained at the begining of this page, then open the Firmware Flash utility inside the Virtual machine and you should be able to continue the Firmware Flash process.
Files to download before you start the restoration process
Setup your computer to connect to Vera 3
- Computer IP: 192.168.0.100
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Begin the process for flashing the firmware
- Use a network cable (CAT5e) and plug the cable from your PC into Vera's LAN1 port.
- Unplug Vera from the power cord.
- Holding down Vera's ZWAVE button whilst pluging in the power cord back in. Wait about 3s after you plugged the power cord back with the ZWave button pressed. <br>When releasing the ZWave button, USB1 LED should be blinking.
- If the USB1 LED is not blinking, turn Vera off and try again(PLEASE doublecheck FIRST!!! The LED blinking can be very faint!).
- Start Vera3 Firmware Recovery Tool.
- Click "Browse target" button.
- Vera should appear in targets list.
- Click on "*UN*checkPID" radiobox
- Select "EraseALL" from dropdown box. (<- this will update your unit bootloader also)
- Click the [Files] button.
- Download the file: Vera3 Recovery Firmware and save it on your computer.
- Select the file Vera3 Recovery Firmware
- Click the [Open] button to get the file.
- Click on the [OK] button on the BIN File Information dialog box.
- Click on the [Upgrade] button. File will be flashed, and you will see a dialog box saying success - close Upgrade Tool.
- Put your computer's IP back to DHCP (Automatically Configure) and Vera will assign an IP like 192.168.81.xxx
- Please wait until Vera automatically reboots and the WAN led starts double blinking or it's solid (this can take 10 to 30 minutes).
- When you see the ZWave led solid, you are done.
To do after the restoration has finished
- If you have your computer connected to the LAN1 port of Vera, open http://192.168.81.1 and you will see Vera's UI.
- If you already connected the WAN cable coming from your main Router/ADSL modem, the WAN light on front will go solid, meaning Vera is connected to the internet.
Dont forget to update your Vera to the latest available firmware. This is explained here: Update Firmware
Next, if you also want to restore everything else in Vera, restore a backup file, either one that you created manually with 'Create Backup', or an automatic backup at MiOS.com, click 'Browse' to find the backup file, select it, and click 'Restore'.
http://download.mios.com/firmware/latest-vera3-recovery-firmware.bin Vera3 Recovery Firmware
http://download.mios.com/firmware/vera3_upgrade_tool.zip Vera3 Firmware Recovery Tool