Set up of Notifications
HOWTO on setting up email notifications and text notifications to your mobile phone
- Vera 1, 2, 3 or Lite hardware
- Account for remote acces here 
- Personal emailaddress and/or mobile phone
Vera supports the automated sending of notifications. It will send either email messages upon a preset event or even send text messages to your mobile phone. To use notifications you will have to create an account at https://cp.mios.com/login.php This account will also provide you remote acces to your Vera. How to use remote acces is explained here  and here . Please keep in mind these pages are a bit outdated and the mentioned findvera pages will not work anymore. Instead please use https://cp.mios.com/login.php
- Login to https://cp.mios.com/login.php with your earlier created account.
- Go to the "My Contact Info" tab.
- Enter your emailaddress and/or your mobile phonenumber in the corresponding fields.
- Tick the boxes for the type of notifications you want to receive (email and/or text messages).
- Click the <Save my contact info" button.
- Login to your Vera's UI (either remote or locally).
- Select any device or scene you want to create a notification for by clicking the wrench icon.
- Select the Events tab of the device or scene you are editing.
- Click the "Add Event" button and make all the selections of your choice.
- Click "Back"
- Tick the box of users you want to notify.
- Close the device or scene and click "Save" in the upper right corner of your UI.
Notifications are now set up.
For Iphone users
You could also setup growl/prowl notifications. Please find more info in this thread on the forum 
For Android users
You could use an app called "Home Buddy". Please find more info in this thread on the forum